There was a time that labor unions and the communities they are part of only went their separate ways. That is no longer possible. Both have realized that in this economic climate alone they are easy pickings for the corporate entities that care only for profits and not one whit for the betterment of the society they seem to own.
Metro New York Labor Communications Council presents a discussion of today’s fight back and the coming together of natural allies.
Wednesday, November 16, 6-8 PM
Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Center for Labor Studies | SUNY Empire State
325 Hudson Street @ Vandam Street
- Frances Fox Piven, Professor of political science and sociology at The Graduate Center, City University of New York
- Ava Farkas, Coordinator, Living Wage NYC Campaign
- Rev. Que English, President, Senior Pastor, Bronx Christian Fellowship Church; Bronx Clergy Legislative Roundtable; member, Faith Caucus
Living Wage NYC Campaign
- Chuck Zlatkin, Legislative and Political Director,New York Metro Area Postal Union
- Julio Pabon, President, South Bronx Community Organization
- Bill Henning, Vice President, CWA Local 1180