- Has outstripped his opponent in fundraising, by better than a 3 to 1 margin [$4.6 million to $1.3 million]?
- Has raked in huge corporate donations?
- Has used the advantages of incumbency to secure large donations from city employees working underneath him?
- Has had Michael Bloomberg host a fundraiser and has taken donations from the disgraced former Governor of New York, Elliot Spitzer, and the past drug dealer of the former Mayor of your city?
- Has the organization on whose board you have sat for years, well known for being financed by Wall Street hedge fund tycoons, put him on the top of its national list for financial support?
And then your candidate is still decisively defeated in the election.
You whine about how teacher unions supported his opponent.